The Force (Star Wars)
The Force is a concept that features in Star Wars.
The Force was a metaphysical energy that was known to exist in the galaxy.
With the establishment of the Empire, a new Force tradition was established that led to the creation of Inquisitors. These were fallen Jedi that were trained to hunt their fallen compatriots as part of the continued purge of the Jedi Order.
Through the Force, a user through training was able to achieve a wide variety of abilities that included:
- Empath :
- Telekinesis :
- Force Lightning :
- Yoda :
- Palpatine :
- Obi-Wan Kenobi :
- Anakin Skywalker :
- Ahsoka Tano :
- Luke Skywalker :
- Leia Organa :
- Grand Inquisitor :
- Exra Bridger :
- Ben Solo :
- Bendu :
- The Force was created by George Lucas and featured in the Star Wars universe.
- In James Cameron’s Story of Science Fiction, the Insight Edition revealed that one of Lucas's plans for the Sequel Trilogy had it continued under his direction was the existence of the Whills and their ties to the Force. "[The next three Star Wars films] were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force."
- In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Force was established as a long tradition that existed across many species and worlds. It was revealed that long ago an ancient Force-sensitive race known as the Kwa expanded through the universe where one of the races the encountered was the Rakata. The Rakata were uplifted by the Kwa but turned on their benefactors and used the knowledge to forge their Infinite Empire that conquered much of the galaxy. Around this era, ancient pyramidical vessels known as the Tho Yor took Force-sensitives from numerous worlds and brought them to the planet of Tython where they became the Je'daii Order. On the world of Korriban, a species of red-skinned Force-sensitives known as the Sith came to power where they made use of the Dark Side of the Force. In time, the Jedi and Sith were two Force traditions that developed but there were others shown to exist including the Witches of Dathomir, Fallanassi, the Jensaarai, the Aing-Tii Monks and others. During the Legacy era, a new Force tradition was shown to had emerged in the empire with the rise of the Imperial Knights who served the Galactic Emperor as bodyguards and devoted to ensure both their protection along with them staying on he lightside of the Force.
In other media
- In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the Force appeared in the setting of the action-adventure RPG video game. It was revealed that thousands of years ago, a Force-sensitive species known as the Rakata established their Infinite Empire that ruled much of the galaxy and achieved their dominance by merging their technology that had the power to use the Force. Long ago, their empire collapsed when the Rakata began to lose their connection to the Force and the inhabitants of the galaxy came to forget their tyrannical reign.
- In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, the Force appeared as part of the game mechanics of the action video game as players took the role of Darth Vader's secret apprentice Starkiller. During the game, it was shown that the personal guard of the emperor maintained a cadre of specially trained warriors that were Force-sensitive with these being the Emperor's Shadow Guard.
- In Star Wars: The Old Republic, the Force featured in the setting of the MMORPG that existed in the setting after Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Force users existed on both factions of the Galactic Republic where players could become a Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular and the Sith Empire where players could be a Sith Warrior or Sith Inquisitor.
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope:
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back:
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi:
- Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace:
- Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones:
- Star Wars: Clone Wars:
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars:
- Star Wars: Rebels:
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens:
- Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: