From Multiversal Omnipedia
- Real World: March 10. King Charles I of England dissolves Parliament, beginning the so-called Eleven Years Tyranny.
- Dungeons and Dragons (Planescape): c. 1629 (130th year of Factol Hashkar's Reign). The machinations of Duke Rowan Darkwood spark the Faction War. The conflict leads to the deaths of several factols and a number of faction members, as well as the banishment of all factions from Sigil. (Faction War)
- Dungeons and Dragons (Ravenloft): c. 1629 (755 BC). The third and final volume of the Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendia is printed, containing the Guide to Demons, Guide to the Vistani and the previously unreleased Guide to Witches. Azalin Rex returns to Darkon after a group of adventurers ruin an attempt to enslave his spirit. Death remains in control of Necropolis, but Azalin regains command of the rest of Darkon. (Ravenloft: Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendium Vol. 3, Ravenloft Campaign Setting (3rd Edition))
- Dungeons and Dragons (Greyhawk), Dungeons and Dragons (Ravenloft), Dungeons and Dragons (Planescape): c. 1629 (591 CY, 755 BC, 130th year of Factol Hashkar's Reign). Iuz the Evil is lured into Ravenloft by Vecna, accessing it via a dimension found through Tovag Baragu. In Vecna's Citadel Cavitius, the lich-demigod uses an incantation to absorb Iuz's divine essence, ascending to a greater god; using the power of his transformation, Vecna temporarily reshapes the Demiplane of Dread and uses it to break into Sigil. In the process, the Burning Peaks cluster is destroyed. Vecna's presence as a god in Sigil destabilizes the multiverse, but he is defeated by a group of mighty heroes (each armed with minor artifacts created from his mortal body) and expelled from the City of Doors. Iuz splits off from Vecna, but Vecna still retains the power of a lesser god, and both land on Oerth. (Die Vecna Die!, Ravenloft Campaign Setting (3rd Edition), Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Vecna is noted to be newly back on Oerth in 591 CY; the Burning Peaks cluster is destroyed in 755 BC; the events in Sigil are less than a few months after the Faction War, which took place in the 130th year of Factol Hashkar's Reign. Although this is a solid series of links, it creates some chronological problems in Ravenloft history that can only be blamed on the Mists (or poor communication between the staffs of these three settings)- see 1416, 1429, 1594 and 1601.)
- Dungeons and Dragons (Ravenloft): c. 1629 (755 BC). Bloody Jack strikes again in Paridon. (Ravenloft Player's Handbook)
- Real World: In Japan, Emperor Go-Mizunoo is replaced by Empress Meisho.
- Real World: Ferdinand II, the Holy Roman Emperor, issues the Edict of Restitution.
|<< Back to 1628||^Up to 1620s^||Forward to 1630 >>|