From Multiversal Omnipedia
- Real World: March 4. The Balkans- and Bucharest, Romania, in particular- are hit by an earthquake; over 1500 people die.
- Real World: June 7. Voters repeal an ordinance in Dade County, Florida, that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. (The sentiment against the ordinance was largely inspired by the efforts of anti-homosexual activist Anita Bryant.)
- Real World: June 22. Robert Hillsborough, a homosexual from San Francisco, is stabbed to death by four gay-hating youths.
- Real World: June 26. 200,000 homosexuals march in San Francisco to protest against the murder of Robert Hillsborough and the anti-gay activism of Anita Bryant.
- Real World: July 13. A blackout lasts 25 hours in New York City, during which looting and other crimes ensue.
- Real World: August 15. A radio signal from deep space is received by a radio telescope (the "Big Ear") at Ohio State University associated with SETI.
- Real World: October 13. A Lufthansa Airlines flight to Somalia is hijacked by Palestinians, who demand that Germany release 11 members of the Red Army.
- Real World: October 18. German anti-terrorist forces storm the Lufthansa plane, killing three of the four hijackers.
- Real World: November 19. Egyptian President Anwar Sadat visits Israel with the intention of forging a peace settlement- the visit outrages many Arabs.
- Men in Black (Films): Princess Lauranna of the Zarthans attempts to hide the Light of Zartha on Earth with the Men in Black. Agent Kay falls in love with Lauranna, but the MiB's need for neutrality forbids them to hide the Light. Kay pretends to launch it into space, leading Serleena to chase after it after she kills Lauranna. In actuality, Kay hides the Light on Earth, and neuralyzes himself to forget where. (Men in Black II; the show with Peter Graves says 1978, but the script and film contain references to these events happening 25 years before the film (which takes place in 2002).)
- Men in Black (Series): Alpha takes the Verudian Cosmic Integrator for himself. He invites Kay to join him, but Kay refuses and is taken out. Alpha leaves Earth with the Integrator, and all references to Alpha in MiB records were classified thereafter. (Men in Black: The Series: "The Alpha Syndrome"; 20 years prior to the episode.)
New Fictional Works
The Shining by Stephen King.
Eraserhead, The Spy Who Loved Me, Star Wars, Wizards.
Notable Comic Books
Star Wars #1.
Notable Television Series
- Beginning: 1990, The All-New Super Friends Hour, The Batman/Tarzan Adventure Hour, The Fantastic Journey, Logan's Run, The Man from Atlantis, The Young Sentinels.
- Continuing: The Bionic Woman (Season 2), Doctor Who (Season 15), The Six Million Dollar Man (Season 4), The Tomorrow People (Season 5), Wonder Woman becomes The New Adventures of Wonder Woman (Season 2).
- Ending: Gemini Man, The New Avengers, Space: 1999, Survivors, Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle.
|<< Back to 1976||^Up to 1970s^||Forward to 1978 >>|