Forge is a male comic character who features in Marvel Comics.
He later fell under the control of Cassandra Nova who used him to build her equipment to be used to exterminate Mutants around the world. This led to him creating Sentinites that were machines that embedded themselves in hosts and allowed them to detect Mutants but also brainwashed them into exterminating those with such mutations. (X-Men: Red v1 #4)
House of X
Charles Xavier later approached Forge about adding a new feature within Cerebro namely the ability to store the thoughts and personality of every Mutant. This was to be used in conjunction with the Five that would create the Resurrection Protocols allowing them to revive any Mutant that had been killed with the backup being used to restore their minds in a new body. (Powers of X v1 #5)
Personality and attributes
Due to his talent for building, he was sometimes known as the Maker. (Uncanny X-Men v1 #186)
Powers and abilities
Among his creations included:
- Chronal Trigger : a form of GPS for time and space that was initially a large scale device though Forge was looking into building a more compact version. (X-Factor v3 #25)
He could create advanced holograms that replicated entire physical environments such as sights, sounds, touch and smells. (Uncanny X-Men v1 #184)
He was once headquartered at Eagle Plaza which was a skyscraper he designed and owned the top ten floors. This was cause he felt that the government could not make a secure place for him to work at which was why he decided to make one for himself. (Uncanny X-Men v1 #184)
- Forge was created by Chris Claremont and John Romita Jr. where he made his first appearance in Uncanny X-Men v1 #184 (August, 1984).
- In New X-Men v2 #29 (2006), an alternate future timeline set in the year 2023 with this placed on a parallel world designated as Earth-61029. On this Earth, he became known as the Maker where he and Storm became involved with the pair having a Mutant pre-adolescent daughter named Orora Munroe and an infant non-powered son named Naze Munroe. Storm was killed by Nimrod who threatened Orora and Naze in order to get the Maker to adjust the Sentinel's body for time travel capabilities.
In other media
- In X-Men, Forge appeared in the 1990s animated television series where he was voiced by actor Marc Strange.
- In X-Men: Evolution, Forge appeared as a guest character in the animated television series where he voiced by actor Sam Vincent.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, Forge appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Roger Craig Smith.
- Uncanny X-Men v1:
- X-Factor v1:
- Cable and X-Force v1:
- Extraordinary X-Men v1:
- X-Men: Red v1:
- Powers of X v1:
- X-Force v6: