Hamilton Hill (DC)
From Multiversal Omnipedia
Hamilton Hill is a male comic character that features in DC Comics.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Hamilton Hill was created by Gerry Conway and Don Newton where he made his first appearance in Detective Comics v1 #503 (February, 1982).
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Hamilton Hill made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Batman: The Animated Series, Mayor Hamilton Hill made his first appearance in the animated series where he was voiced by actor Lloyd Bochner. He was the mayor of Gotham City, who has on occasion become embroiled in Batman's exploits. The most notable instances were when his son Jordan was kidnapped by the Joker, when he was targeted for replacement by HARDAC and the two occasions when he was targeted by the Clock King. Despite that, Mayor Hill is generally against Batman's vigilante activities.
- In Batman Beyond, Hamilton Hill did not appear but Terry McGinnis attended Hamilton Hill High School (Hill High) in the animated series set in the future.
- In Young Justice, Mayor Hamilton Hill made a brief appearance in the animated series episode "Alpha Male" where he was voiced by actor Corey Burton.
- In Batman: Under the Red Hood, Hamilton Hill was referenced in the animated film in a newspaper clip that showed that Jason Todd when he was Robin had saved Mayor Hill's life.
- In Batman: The Telltale Series, Hamilton Hill was shown as being the mayor of Gotham City in the video game. In the past, he along with Thomas Wayne and Carmine Falcone were all allies of one another where they secretly ruled Gotham City. The three engaged in illegal actions and corruption with them gaining their wealth in this manner. Hill later hired the gunman Joe Chill to murder Thomas and Martha Wayne when they were walking in Crime Alley. Members of the public were unhappy with his term in office and Harvey Dent was leading a campaign in the upcoming elections to replace him. After allegations of fraud and corruption against the Wayne family, Mayor Hill authorised a police warrant for the GCPD to search through the family's assets. During a public debate, the Penguin along with the Children of Arkham managed to take every hostage where Hill was killed by Oswald Cobblepot.
- Detective Comics v1: