Jefferson Davis (Marvel)
Jefferson Davis is a male comic character who features in Marvel Comics.
Jefferson Davis never got along with his brother Aaron Davis yet he decided to join his criminal brother to meet with gangster Turk Barrett. Things got out of control and Jefferson wound up in jail only to be bailed by Nick Fury. Impressed with his fighting skills, Fury had Jefferson join Barrett's gang for intel, eventually working his way up to Wilson Fisk's criminal empire. Afterwards, Jefferson was offered a spot in S.H.I.E.L.D. by Fury but chose to live a simple life, meeting and marrying Rio Morales and having Miles. Jefferson is now a police officer in the NYPD, having kept Miles from ever interacting with Aaron and keeping a strict household in an attempt to lead his son on a clean path. Despite his overall dislike of Aaron's criminal activities, Jefferson was saddened by his brother's death.
Afterwards, Jefferson was captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. only to be attacked by Hydra, attempting to get Jefferson to join HYDRA, but he kills them all and returns home to Rio. He tells his wife what happens and they go looking for Miles, finding their son at Ganke Lee's house. Jefferson is later attacked by Venom who puts him in the hospital. He's attacked again, but Spider-Man battles and defeats him, but at the cost of Rio getting killed. One year later, Jefferson discovered that Miles was Spider-Man, angering him and blaming his son for the deaths of Aaron and Rio. Jefferson apologizes and reveals his own past to his son.
After the events of Secret Wars, Molecule Man thanks Miles by transferring Spider-Man, Ganke and both their families to the mainstream Marvel Universe, with Jefferson being reunited with Rio
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Jefferson Davis was created by Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli where he made his first appearance in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v2 #1 (November, 2011).
- In Spider-Gwen v1 (2017), an alternate version of Jefferson Davis became the Scorpion who appeared on Earth-65. Instead of a green suit with a large tail, he wears a suit and tie which appear to be electrically charged. Scorpion also carries a staff that resembles a scorpion tail and he seems to possess super speed. He also works for S.I.L.K., an evil organization similar to Hydra. Scorpion does battle with both Spider-Gwen and his son with the latter being confused by his appearance.
In other media
- In Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six, Jefferson Davis did not appear but was alluded to via a photo in the animated television series where it was implied he was deceased.
- In Spider-Man, Jefferson Davis appeared in the 2010 animated television series where he was voiced by actor Alex Désert.
- In Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Jefferson Davis appeared in the 2018 animated film where he was voiced by actor Brian Tyree Henry.
- In Spider-Man, Jefferson Davis appeared in the 2018 video game where he was voiced by actor Russell Richardson.
- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v1: (2011)