From Multiversal Omnipedia
Master Mold is a robotic supervillain that features in Marvel Comics.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Master Mold was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where he first appeared in X-Men v1 #15 (December 1965).
In other media
- In X-Men, the Master Mold appeared as an antagonist in the animated series where he made his first appearance in the episode "Slave Island" where he was voiced by David Fox. He was shown as being the creation of Bolivar Trask and the manufacturing point for the Sentinels that were being built at Genosha until the factory was flooded by a time travelling Cable. In the episode "Days of Future Past", the Master Mold deployed Sentinels at the direction of Trask to retrieve Senator Robert Kelly who had been captured by Magneto. This was with the idea of proving the Sentinels worth to the senator but when Trask ordered Kelly to be returned to his home - Master Mold refused. The giant Sentinel intended to replace the brains of all the world's leaders with a computer linked to Master Mold as the machine sought to control the world. He cited that Mutants were Humans and that logically mankind needed to be protected from themselves. By that point, the X-Men arrived to battle the Sentinels with the underground factory being destroyed. However, Master Mold emerged from the ruined mountain to destroy the Mutants only for the giant Sentinel to be seemingly destroyed when Professor X crashed the Blackbird into the machine.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, Master Mold appeared as an antagonist in the animated series where it was voiced by actor Gwendoline Yeo. This version appeared with a feminine shape and personality. It first appeared as a schematic in the episode "Thieves Gambit" where it was being developed by Boliver Trask as the guiding intelligence of the Sentinels being constructed by the Mutant Response Division. In the future timeline, the Master Mold guided the Sentinels that controlled the devastated Earth where it captured the few remaining Mutants left. Master Mold sought to replicate the powers of Mutants in order for the Sentinels to evolve. Following the discovery of Professor X, Master Mold sought his capture and that of Cerebro in order to replicate his powers in order to track the few remaining Mutants on the planet. In the episode "Backlash", Forge hacked his way into the MRD in the present where he discovered that Master Mold was the artificial intelligence that guided the Sentinels leading to the X-Men staging an attack on the factory housing it. However, Master Mold registered the digital intrusion and staged an ambush but the X-Men with the Brotherhood of Mutants were successful in destroying the factory but the artificial intelligence survived in one of the damaged Sentinels where it came back online.
- In X-Men: The Official Game, Master Mold served as the primary antagonist in the video game tie-in to X2: X-Men United in events set after the movie. Master Mold was part of the Sentinel program that was a project being developed by William Stryker deep in a facility at Alkali Lake. The mission of the Sentinels was finding and terminating Mutants. It was reactivated by Jason Stryker who survived the destruction of the facility and intended to complete his father's mission of killing all Mutants.
- In X-Men: Battle of the Atom, Master Mold appeared as a playable card in the iOS video card game.
- X-Men v1:
- Secret Avengers: