Qward is a planet that features in DC Comics.
Qward was a world in the Anti-Matter Universe, the counterpart of Oa. The native species there was of incredible technological advancement in the ways of war- the so-called Weaponers of Qward were known across the multiverse. Before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Anti-Monitor ruled Qward, using its Weaponers and Thunderers- the elite of whom he made into Shadow Demons- as his troops.
After the Crisis reformed the multiverse, Qward remained the same, save that there was no Anti-Monitor. Certain highly advanced species- such as the Oans- banished criminals guilty of the worst possible crimes to Qward. This world has also produced several super-villains in the post-Crisis universe, including the Qwardian Crime Syndicate and the Conglomerate.
In an effort to stop Perpetua, the Justice League alongside Alpheus the World Forger travelled to Qward to seek out the Anti-Monitor but once there they were ambushed by the Legion of Doom. (Justice League v4 28)
It was situated in Sector Omega-97. (JLA v1 #108)
A number of locations on Qward included:
- Qward City : home of the citadel of the Weaponers. (Green Lantern v2 #4)
- Krama Dhu : citadel city where the Thunder Fortress Prime was situated. (JLA v1 #108)
- Q'Edion : situated at Pakaita Province and located at forty t-units from Krama Dhu. (JLA v1 #108)
- Q'Ar-Dien : an ancient fortress where the Hall of Commandeers was located. (JLA v1 #109)
The core of the planet was noted for being frozen and filled with ice. (Superman v4 #30)
- Sinestro :
- Qward was created by John Broome and Gil Kane where it made its first appearance in Green Lantern v2 #2 (October, 1960).
- Green Lantern:
- Justice League v4: