Doombots are robots that feature in Marvel Comics.
Doombots were a series of robotic creations that were built by and in the form of Doctor Doom.
Following the marriage of Black Panther and Storm, the couple were invited to Latveria by Doctor Doom. T'Challa managed to determine that the Doom he had met was simply a Doombot and was ready to leave until the real Doctor Doom arrived at the scene. He intended to ally himself with Black Panther highlighting the threat of the continued fighting in the United States as a result of the Civil War in the superhero community. T'Challa refused and intended to leave when the couple were surrounded by Doombots. This led to battle where Storm attacked the Doombots and Black Panther battled Doctor Doom himself until he allowed tem to depart after seeing he had caused some strife in the pairs relationship. (Black Panther v4 #19)
An army of Doombots were dispatched to defend Castle Doom against the Mighty Avengers with 77 such robots confronting the superhero team with the machines being defeated. (Mighty Avengers v1 #9)
A rogue Doombot attacked New York City with Ms. Marvel intercepting it leading to an encounter with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Together, they managed to defeat it whereupon Cage learnt that the Doctor Doom he was battling was one of these robots. Upon arriving at the scene, the Thing took out its operational system to ensure that the machine was deactivated. The Doombot was then sent to Tony Stark for study as reports were coming in that Doctor Doom had become mentally unstable. (New Avengers v2 #8)
After Von Doom abandoned the throne, Latveria fell into strife as division struck the country with a civil war erupting. General Karadick found the Doombot Protocol and had someone reprogram them to serve as his soldiers. A number of Doombots were sent after the new Iron Man who was revealed to had been Victor Von Doom beneath the Iron Man Armor. (Infamous Iron Man v1 #4) A number of them were programmed to attack Riri Williams who had come to Latveria as Ironmaiden and was involved in a fight with Lucia von Bardas. (Invincible Iron Man v3 #9) A group of Doombots activated in Castle Doom to attack the Wrecking Crew when the team of supervillains were seeking to loot the abandoned building. (Invincible Iron Man v1 #597)
A highly advanced Doombot was discovered by the Vridai who mistook it for the actual Doctor Doom. They later captured Wiccan and wanted the sorcerer to awaken the Latverian dictator. During that time, Billy Kaplan came to determine that the Vridai prisoner was an automaton and animated it with his will. He then used the Doombot against the Vridai when his comrades came to rescue him. (Strikeforce v1 #3)
A Doombot pretended to be Doctor Doom during a diplomatic mission to the United States. This unit was attacked by assassins secretly hired by Countess Karkov. Spider-Man came to determine that it was a Doombot which attacked him but was later destroyed. This incident led to a mass deployment of Doombots against the United States for the attack made against Doctor Doom. (Amazing Spider-Man v5 #32) Ultimately, Spider-Man convinced Doctor Doom that he was being manipulated by outside parties in order to trigger a war between nations. Thus, he called off the attack but then the Doombots started attacking key landmarks in the United States where they caused billions of dollars worth of damages though no loss of life. Unknown to anyone else, the Doombots had been hijacked remotely by Katarina Karkov in order to attack the United States so that hostilities would grow against Latveria. Rather than admit his Doombot network was compromised, Doctor Doom simply gave the impression that he had ordered the attack but ensured that no loss of life came as the result of it. In the aftermath, nations flocked to Symkaria and provided funding as the world began to turn against Latveria after the attack. (Amazing Spider-Man v5 #36)
Their operational system was located in their chest rather than in a unit's head thus allowing it to reboot itself if the head was damaged. (New Avengers v2 #8)
They were programmed to adapt to the actions of their targets. (Black Panther v5 #9)
One model of Doombots were known as the B-Series robots. (Fantastic Four Annual v1 #20)
- Andro :
- Antonio :
- Emperor Doombot :
- Doombot : an unnamed Doombot sent to attack New York only to be defeated and repaired by Hank Pym who implanted a micro-black hole within the androids chest to keep him compliant who later reluctantly joined a team of Avengers consisting of artificial intelligences that seek to stop the danger of a Human/AI war. (Avengers A.I. v1 #1)
- Mechadoom :
- Vincent Doonan :
- Doombots were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where they made their first appearance in Fantastic Four v1 #5 (July, 1962).
In other media
- In Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, robotic doubles of Doctor Doom were used on multiple occasions but were never referred to as Doombots.
- In Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, the mechanical minions used by Victor Von Doom were referred to as Doombots but were not robotic copies of their creator.
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, these robots made an appeared in the animated television series as antagonists. In "The Private War of Doctor Doom", they were deployed on a coordinated strike on Avengers Tower and the Baxter Building where they attacked the heroes in order to capture Wasp and the Invisible Woman.
- In Marvel Heroes, Doombots appeared as antagonists in the MMORPG video game with various different models present.
- Fantastic Four v1 #5: (1962)
- Black Panther:
- Mighty Avengers v1:
- New Avengers v2:
- Avengers A.I. v1 #1: (2013)
- Unbelievable Gwenpool v1:
- Invincible Iron Man v3:
- Runaways v5:
- Amazing Spider-Man v5:
- Strikeforce v1: