Prowler is a male comic superhero that features in Marvel Comics.
He started working for a window cleaning crew run by Mr. Clark but became dissatisfied with his life. During one night out, he confessed his views of never amounting to anything with his girlfriend Mindy who attempted to encourage him but he refused to accept to be consoled. After seeing her walk away, Hobie decided to follow her advice and brought his inventions for new safety devices to his employer but he refused him. He was sent back to work where he was cleaning the windows of the Daily Bugle but he took long on the job causing his boss to dock his pay. J. Jonah Jameson attempted to protect Brown but Hobie in his anger at Mr. Clark decided to quit the job. Afterwards, he decided to make use of his inventions to re-invent himself by building a costume that gave him numerous abilities. He intended to first operate as a criminal but then return stolen goods in order to make himself appear as a superhero with him taking the name of the Prowler. His first target was the Daily Bugle where he planned to secretly steal from the building only to be discovered by one of the staff who he knocked unconscious. This attracted the attention of Peter Parker who ended up in a fight with the masked Prowler. (Amazing Spider-Man v1 #78)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
Hobie was noted for being clever and being great at inventing. He was smart enough to build a costume that contained numerous gadgets that made him appear to have superpowers. (Amazing Spider-Man v1 #78)
- Prowler was created by Stan Lee and John Buscema where he made his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man v1 #78 (November, 1969).
In other media
- In Spider-Man, the Prowler appeared in the 1990s animated television series in the episode "The Prowler" where he was voiced by actor Tim Russ.
- In The Spectacular Spider-Man, Hobie Brown appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Charles Duckworth.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, the Prowler appeared in the animated television series in the episode "Return to the Spider-Verse (Part 4)" where he was voiced by actor Drake Bell.
- In Spider-Man, the Prowler appeared in the 2017 animated television series in the episode "Bring on the Bad Guys Part 3" where he was voiced by actor Nathaniel J. Potvin.
- Amazing Spider-Man v1:
- Prowler v1:
- Prowler v2: