From Multiversal Omnipedia
- Real World: January 6. The U.S. Congress certifies George W. Bush's victory in the 2000 U.S. presidential race.
- Space Odyssey: January 16. Mankind discovers and unearths TMA-1 on the Moon. (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Space Odyssey: February 1. In the late afternoon, sensing sunlight on its surface, TMA-1 sends a radio message to TMA-2. (2001: A Space Odyssey book and film)
- Real World: February 12. The spacecraft NEAR Shoemaker becomes the first spacecraft to land on an asteroid, 433 Eros.
- Real World: March 23. The abandoned Russian space station Mir finally succumbs to Earth's gravity, crashing in the Pacific Ocean.
- Real World: September 6. The U.S. Department of Justice scales back its antitrust efforts against Microsoft, no longer seeking to break up the company.
- Real World: September 11. A large-scale coordinated terrorist attack kills around 3000 at the World Trade Center in New York, the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and in rural Pennsylvania. Soon thereafter, U.S. President George W. Bush declares a "War on Terrorism."
- Real World: October 7. The United States and allies begin an invasion of Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.
- Tick (Live): First appearance of the Tick in the City. Arthur quits Worldwide Fishladder and Sons to become a superhero. He and the Tick battle the Terror, the Red Scare, and Destroyo, and even join the League of Superheroes for a brief period. Arthur is committed to the Francis Peacock Superhero Deprogramming Center, but later rescued by the Tick. The Immortal dies. ("Pilot Episode," ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, "The Funeral")
New Fictional Works
Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub, Dreamcatcher by Stephen King, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett.
- Acceptable Risk (TV movie), The Accidental Spy, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Arachnid, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Atomic Twister, The Attic Expeditions
- Black Mask 2: City of Masks, Black River (TV movie), Blood Moon, Bones, Cabin Fever, Children of the Corn: Revelation, Children of the Living Dead, Crocodile 2: Death Swamp
- Dagon, The Day the World Ended (TV movie), Dead Creatures, Deep Freeze, Deep Shock, Demonicus, The Devil's Backbone, Dr. Dolittle 2, Donnie Darko, Earth vs. the Spider
- Evolution, Fangs, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Firetrap, The Forsaken, From Hell, Frost: Portrait of a Vampire, Ghost Rig, Ghosts of Mars, Hannibal
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone), Harvesters, Hearts in Atlantis, Hellion: The Devil's Playground, Horrorvision
- How to Make a Monster, Intacto, Invincible, Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story, Jeepers Creepers, Jurassic Park III, Just Visiting, Kate and Leopold, A Knight's Tale
- K-Pax, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Mangler 2, Mimic 2, Monsters, Inc., The Mummy Returns, The Musketeer, No Such Thing
- The One, The Order, The Others, Planet of the Apes, Play for Me, Pokémon 3 - Spell of the Unown (U.S.), Raptor, Replicant, Rodentz, Route 666, Session 9
- The Seventh Stream, The Shaft, Shark Hunter, She Creature, Slashers, Soul Survivors, Soulkeeper, Spirited Away (Japan), Spy Game, Spy Kids, Teenage Caveman
- They Crawl, Thirteen Ghosts, Tremors 3: Back to Perfection, The Triangle (TV movie), Vanilla Sky, Vengeance of the Dead, Venomous, The Void, Wendigo
- When Good Ghouls Go Bad (TV movie), Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell, Witchouse 3: Demon Fire
Notable Television Series
- Beginning: Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Japan), The Mists of Avalon (miniseries), Transformers: Robots in Disguise.
- Continuing: Andromeda (Season 2), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Season 6), Farscape (Season 3).
- Ending: Beast Machines, The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
Notable Electronic Games
Advance Wars (Game Boy Advance).
|<< Back to 2000||^Up to 2000s^||Forward to 2002 >>|