The "Heisei" era of Godzilla films (named for the current emperor as well) begins with The Return of Godzilla, a direct sequel to the original Godzilla, and continues through Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, featuring the death of Godzilla. The era is characterized by (generally) more serious plots and a much more destructive, anti-heroic Godzilla. Most of the films of the Heisei era were not readily shown in the United States, due to perceived anti-Western sentiment in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, and found their way into wide release only in the late 1990s.
- Godzilla (1954)
- The Return of Godzilla (1984)
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla (1994)
- Godzilla vs. Destroyah (1995)
(Note:This list uses the official english titles)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Godzilla (Heisei)"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.