Harry Osborn is a male comic character that features in Marvel Comics.
Harry Osborn was the male son of Norman Osborn and his wife Emily Osborn.
When he regained consciousness, he learnt that the babysitter had taken the children and left with Harry panicking until Liz revealed that she had a tracker on Normie. Alongside Alchemax security, they confronted Emma who still had the kids with Harry believing that she was working for his father Norman. However, the babysitter revealed that she had taken the children to protect them from Norman and that them tracking her had revealed their location. It was then that Norman arrived where he revealed his new Red Goblin form where he easily dealt with the guards. He was then surprised to see the babysitter as in reality she was his supposedly late wife Emily Lyman who had faked her death. Before he could take his grandchildren, Spider-Man's allies arrived to battle the Red Goblin but he effortlessly defeated them. During the battle, Osborn's family attempted to escape with them deciding to split up to evade Norman but he caught up with them. He took Normie with Harry pleading for him to leave his son but Norman stated that he intended to continue with the new generation as he infected the boy with a piece of his Symbiote. (Amazing Spider-Man v1 #799) Normie was transformed into the Goblin Childe where he joined his grandfather after showing resentment to Harry for seemingly showing his half-brother Stanley more attention than him. Norman later took Normie to Alchemax where he intended to murder Harry and Liz so that inheritance of the company would pass to his grandson whereupon he would take control of it. Spider-Man arrived to prevent the murder with Harry using a Goblin Glider to impale his father though survived due to his Symbiote. Harry then embraced his son who was convinced to reject the Symbiote and his grandfather. Normie was then taken to the company's laboratories to be freed from the Symbiote matter where he vowed to never leave Normie alone again and that he would care for both his sons equally. He also decided to reclaim his family name and decided to go back to being known as Harry Osborn whilst accepting his mother Emily back into his life. (Amazing Spider-Man v1 #800)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
He inherited his membership to the Century Club from his father with it taking two fortunes to join the ranks of the prestigious club. (Amazing Spider-Man v1 #249)
- Harry Osborn was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko where he made his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man v1 #31 (December, 1965).
- The character later took on the identity of the Green Goblin in Amazing Spider-Man v1 #136 (September, 1974).
- He briefly appeared as the American Son in the Amazing Spider-Man v1 #597 (August, 2009).
- In Edge of Spider-Geddon v1 #4 (2018), an alternate world was shown that inhabited the Multiverse where it was revealed that Oscorp ruled that particular Earth. On that world, Norman Osborn gained abilities similar to Spider-Man and gained multiple arms where he ruled the planet from the shadows and had been responsible for killing Peter Parker. Before his death, Parker sent a note to his best friend Harry urging him to take down his fathers empire and provided him a goblin costume where he took the name Kobold. This led to a fight with his father in Oscorp where he discovered Norman was using a damaged Cosmic Cube to observe worlds in the Multiverse. Harry then used a beam weapon shot at the Cube in an effort to destroy it thus seemingly defeating his father.
In other media
- In Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Harry Osborn featured in the 1990's animated television series where he was voiced by actor Gary Imhoff.
- In Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, Harry Osborn appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Ian Ziering.
- In The Spectacular Spider-Man, Harry Osborn appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor James Arnold Taylor.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, Harry Osborn appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Matt Lanter.
- In Spider-Man, Harry Osborn appeared in the 2017 animated television series where he was voiced by actor Max Mittleman.
- In the Sam Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy, Harry Osborn featured in the continuity setting.
- In Spider-Man, Harry Osborn first appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor James Franco.
- In Spider-Man 2, Harry Osborn appeared in the live-action film sequel where he was once again portrayed by actor James Franco.
- In Spider-Man 3, Harry Osborn returned in the live-action film where he was again portrayed by actor James Franco.
- In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Harry Osborn appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor
- In Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Harry Osborn as the New Goblin appeared as a playable character in the video game where he was voiced by actor Josh Keaton.
- Amazing Spider-Man v1: