Clone Troopers are soldiers that feature in Star Wars.
Clone Troopers were genetically engineered clones that were designed to serve as the basis of the clone army. They were created under the secret manipulation of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious who intended to militarise the Galactic Republic in the time of the Separatist Crisis. To that end, he made use of the cover of a Jedi Master named Sifo-Dyas to approach the cloners from the planet Kamino in the commission of an army for the Republic. A template was chosen from the Mandalorian bounty hunter named Jango Fett whose genetic material was to serve as the basis for this force. The clones were bred in secret where they were trained and provided equipment to serve as soldiers for the Grand Army of the Republic. Following the formation of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the clone army was ready for deployment where they were launched to wage war against the Separatists with their first mission being attacking the planet Geonosis.
After the Declaration of the New Order, the Clone Troopers were reorganised to become the part of the new Galactic Empire's military where they became the Stormtroopers. This saw them phasing out the use of cloned soldiers in favour of naturally born recruits.
Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the First Order made use of brainwashing of young children that were taken from their families to recruit for the ranks of their Stormtroopers. However, after the defection of FN-2187, General Hux suggested that Supreme Leader Snoke should consider the creation of a new clone army.
These clones were divided into various specialisations that included:
- ARF Troopers :
- ARC Troopers :
- Clone Commandos :
Army units of Clone Troopers were also divided into numerous detachments that included:
- 501st Legion :
- Coruscant Guard :
- Cody :
- Gree :
- Rex :
- The Clone Troopers were created by George Lucas for the Prequel Trilogy where they made their first appearance in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.
In other media
- In Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, Clone Troopers appeared later as antagonists in the video game tie-in. Among the trooper variants seen included the jet-pack fire wielding heavy weapon wielding Clone Heavy Gunners, Blaze Troopers, and the swift Clone Assassins.
- In Star Wars: Republic Commando, the player took the role of specially bred Clone Commandos in the video game. These were unique variants of the Clone Troopers that were bred for special forces missions where they operated in pods of four to complete their missions. They were equipped with special weapons and armour with the player taking the role of the leader of Delta Squad in the campaign mode of the game.
- In Star Wars: Battlefront, players took the role of Clone Troopers in the video game.
- In Star Wars: Battlefront II, players took the role of Clone Troopers in the video game. During the campaign mode, they took the role of a clone in the elite 501st Legion starting from their first deployment on Geonosis with them fighting numerous engagements in the Clone Wars. After the Declaration of the New Order, they joined the ranks of the Stormtroopers where it was said that the Empire began recruiting new members instead of making more clones. The 501st suffered casualties after the destruction of the Death Star with them being deployed on Hoth where they sought to get revenge for their earlier defeat.
- IN Star Wars: Battlefront II, Clone Troopers were playable in the multiplayer mode set in the video game.
- Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones:
- Star Wars: Clone Wars:
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith:
- Star Wars: Clone Wars:
- Star Wars: Rebels: