The Warbound are a team that features in Marvel Comics.
The Warbound was the name given to a group of gladiators forced to fight in the arenas of Sakaar. They were formed from a band of warriors brought together with these including the Hulk, Korg, Miek, Elloe Kaifi, Hiroim and No-Name of the Brood. To survive the arena, the group decided to work together during the fights to the death. (Incredible Hulk v2 #94)
On-board a Sakaaran ship, the Warbound travelled to Earth in order for them to get revenge on the Illuminati for their perceived role in the destruction to their world. Upon arriving, the Hulk declared his intent to the people of the planet that he was targeting those responsible for sending him into space and for deaths caused to his new home. (Incredible Hulk v2 #107) During the travel, the Green Scar briefed the Warbound on their enemies that were the Illuminati and that they would be targeting Black Bolt first. (World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker v1 #1) They arrived in New York City where the aided the Hulk in his revenge and battled the planet's superheroes leading to a confrontation with the Avengers as well as the Fantastic Four. (World War Hulk v1 #2)
Upon their rest, the Warbound were to be detained when the damage caused from the conflict led to the ground becoming unstable in the city thus leading to civilians being in danger whilst conflict was about to erupt between the Imperial Sakaarans and the Sakaaran Natives. This saw the Warbound break free where they attempted to stop further conflict with Hiroim using his Old Power to stabilise the region. Upon seeing their bravery, a number of heroes allowed the Warbound to flee and go on the run. (World War Hulk: After Smash v1 #1) The group had to hide in the sewers as Elloe had been badly injured during the in-fighting among the Sakaarans. Around this time, S.H.I.E.L.D. dispatched a unit to track and arrest the Warbound with Dr. Kate Waynesboro heading the team. She came to follow the Warbound when Hiroim was abducted by the Leader who used the Old Power to generate gamma radiation over a set area that he called Gamma World. (World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound v1 #1)
Waynesboro through the Old Power came to sense the presence of the Son of Hulk who had arrived on Earth. She came to gather the Warbound who departed Gamma World in secret in order to find the child. Despite their attempts at reaching out, Skaar reacted violently as he did not seek friendship but a means of killing his father the Hulk. (Skaar: Son of Hulk v1 #11)
The Warbound gathered at Gamma Base to watch over the wounded Hulk after he was badly wounded after a confrontation with |Zeus. He gathered them then for a mission to the Savage Land to help the last remaining tribe of Imperial Sakaarans that came to reside there. (Incredible Hulks v1 #623) They were welcomed by the tribe but then drugged as the village elder had made a deal with Miek who would stop his predation of their home in exchange for the Green Scar. (Incredible Hulks v1 #624) This saw the Warbound battle Miek in order to free the weakened Hulk from his control. After Miek's defeat, the Warbound scattered as some wanted to help the surviving Sakaarans prosper within the Savage Land. (Incredible Hulks v1 #625)
During the second Civil War, the Hulk was killed and the Warbound were among many people that attended his funeral as they grieved for their leader. Afterwards, they decided to reach out to others that had taken on the name of the Hulk as they went to Southern France to meet with Skaar. There they found the son of the Hulk and provided him solace as they shared in his grief. Skaar along with the Warbound then attended the reading of the will of Bruce Banner who had gifted them with plans to repair the Sakaaran stoneship in case they ever wanted to leave Earth. (Civil War II: The Fallen v1 #1)
Initially, the members of the Warbound were opposed to one another and had originally been on separate teams. However, the arena overseers forced the survivors together and in an effort to survive they made a pact to stand together to protect one another. (Incredible Hulk v2 #94) From there time in the gladiatorial arena, they considered themselves bonded to the Hulk and part of his family that could understand him in ways that normal humans could not do so. They said that the Hulk despite wanting solitude had made the Warbound his family as they needed him and he needed them. (Civil War II: The Fallen v1 #1)
- Hulk :
- Skaar :
- No-Name the Brood : a Brood with no name and was one of the few survivors of Broodworld with her sisters where they were enslaved though her comrades were later killed in the arena. (Incredible Hulk v2 #94)
- Caiera : female Sakaaran of the Shadow People, Caiera Oldstrong was the former personal guard of the Red King but forsook service to him after learning he had intentionally released the Spikes as well as killed many innocents in an effort to slay the Green Scar. This led to Caiera swearing to kill him and she came to join the Warbound. (Incredible Hulk v2 #99)
- Elloe Kaifi :
- Hiroim :
- Korg : a Kronan who was part of an invasion force sent to attack Earth but was defeated by Thor forcing him to flee and leading to his eventual crash on Sakaar where he was enslaved to be a gladiator. (Incredible Hulk v2 #94)
- Kate Waynesboro :
- Lavin Skee :
- Miek :
- Arch-E-5912 :
- Mung :
- The Warbound were created by Greg Pak where they made their first appearance in Incredible Hulk v2 #94 (June, 2006).
In other media
- In Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., members of the Warbound appeared in the animated television series in the episode "Planet Leader".
- In Planet Hulk, members of the Warbound appeared in the 2010 animated film.
- In Thor: Ragnarok, members of the Warbound appeared in the 2017 live-action film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Incredible Hulk v2:
- World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker v1:
- World War Hulk v1:
- World War Hulk: After Smash v1:
- World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound v1:
- Skaar: Son of Hulk v1:
- Incredible Hulks v1:
- Civil War II: The Fallen v1: