From Multiversal Omnipedia
- 1885: Back to the Future: Emmett Brown arrives in Hill Valley in the DeLorean time machine, which was struck by lightning in 1955. (Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III)
- 1888: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - The Faction Paradox's attempts to hijack the Great Houses' open door technology cause a Paiute man, Wovoka, to have a vision of a 1990 film titled The Coyote Road. (Novel: "The Book of War")
- 1901: Real World - The Commonwealth of Australia is officially formed, and Edmund Barton becomes its first Prime Minister.
- 1916: Real World - The first successful blood transfusion is performed using stored and chilled blood.
- 1941: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - Professor Bernice Summerfield arrives on Guernsey on the English Channel. (Audio: "Just War")
- 1966: Doctor Who - The First Doctor's TARDIS departs Trafalgar Square, having originally landed there during the New Year's Eve celebrations. (TV: "The Daleks' Master Plan")
- 1966: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - Jill and Bob Mason are married in Crook Marsham. (Audio: "Nightshade")
- 1990: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - Humanity subconsciously realises that there have been widespread temporal discrepancies in Earth's history over the previous two decades. This leads the president of the United Nations Security Council, Amara Essy, to attend a secret briefing with Brigadiers Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart and Charles Crichton in Geneva to establish a dating protocol for the 1970s and 1980s. (Novel: "The Enfolded Time")
- 1995: Real World - Austria, Finland and Sweden enter the European Union. The World Trade Organization is established.
- 1999: Deus Ex - Majestic 12 use the Economic and Monetary Union of the European Union (EMU) to force Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain to adopt the Euro as their national currency. (Deus Ex Design Bible)
- 2000: Doctor Who - The Eighth Doctor leaves San Francisco after his first adventure with Grace Holloway. (TV: "Doctor Who: The Movie") Meanwhile, Jack Harkness becomes the leader of Torchwood Three following the death of Alex Hopkins and the rest of the team. (TV: "Fragments")
- 2000: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - The Fourth Doctor lands in Paris (Comic: "The Forgotten") while the Sixth Doctor and Melanie Bush save the Earth from Saraquazel and his servant, Ashley Chapel. (Novel: "Millennial Rites")
- 2000: Real World - Contrary to popular fears, no widespread disasters occur as a result of the "Y2K" computer bug.
- 2001: Star Trek - Construction begins on the Millennium Gate in Portage Creek, Indiana. (Voyager: "11:59")
- 2005: Doctor Who - The dying Tenth Doctor lands in the Powell Estate, London, to see Rose Tyler one last time before he regenerates. (TV: "The End of Time")
- 2012: Heroes - On the Charles Darwin, Claire Bennet befriends a guard named Dion Cornwell, who persuades Richard Schwenkman to allow Claire to attend their New Year's Eve party. However, Claire makes a break for it the moment the guards are distracted, running straight through the ship's nuclear reactor core and through its rear turbines in order to escape. (Novel: "Save the Cheerleader, Destroy the World")
- 2152: Star Trek (Expanded Universe) - The crew of the Enterprise celebrate New Year's Day. (Novel: "What Price Honor?")
- 2160: Gundam (Universal Century) - (UC 0080) Following the Battle of A Baoa Qu, the One Year War ends with a Zeon defeat. (Gundam 0083 Technical Manual)
- 2272: Star Trek (Expanded Universe) - Nyota Uhura, Pavel Chekov, and Hikaru Sulu celebrate New Year's Day in New Harborplace, Baltimore, on Earth. (Novel: "Traitor Winds")
- 2367: Star Trek (Expanded Universe) - Celebration of New Year's Day on Earth is muted because the planet is under blackout due to an impending threat from the Borg. (Strange New Worlds short story: "Final Entry")
- 2378: Star Trek (Expanded Universe) - Celebration of New Year's Day on Earth is muted because the planet is under blackout due to an impending threat from the Borg. (Strange New Worlds short story: "Final Entry")
- 2401: Star Trek (Expanded Universe) - The calendar systems of 17 different spacefaring civilizations are either reset or rollover to significant dates or new counting systems. In the old Earth calendar system, the 25th century begins; in an old Klingon calendar system, the Fourth Age of Kahless begins; on Andoria, the Orthodox Andorian Vengeance Cycle begins its 330th iteration; and on Ferenginar, some groups celebrate the day that the Great Material River first overflowed its banks among the stars. (Novel: "The War of the Prophets")
- 2562: Doctor Who (Expanded Universe) - While aboard the Goodnight Dolly, Professor Bernice Summerfield is named a Master of Science and Archaeology for "shooting somebody". (Novel: "Genius Loci")
|<< Back to December 31||^Up to January^||Forward to January 2 >>|