Damian Wayne is a male comic character that features in DC Comics.
Batman and Robin
He later created a flying Batmobile as he teamed up with Dick Grayson who had assumed the mantle of Batman where among their first acts was the apprehension of Mister Toad. (Batman and Robin v1 #1) This led to them encountering the Circus of Strange who had come to free their teammate from prison leading to the death of many police officers. Damian decided that Grayson was not worthy of the mantle of Batman and refused to follow his orders with him instead seeking to solve the case his own way. Whilst tracking the Circus, he found their headquarters but was captured by Professor Pyg and his Dollotrons. (Batman and Robin v1 #2)
The New 52
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of history was created with a different series of events.
It was then that Damian departed Gotham in order to atone for his many actions during the Years of Blood when he conducted numerous quests for the Al Ghuls. Around this time, his mother had returned into his life when she was fleeing from the Lu'un Darga. (Robin: Son of Batman v1)
After the emergence of the pre-Flashpoint Superman, Damian had become aware of the Man of Steel's child who was Jonathan Samuel Kent and had become the new Superboy. However, Damian did not trust the boy and had been observing him where he believed him to be a threat to the world. With Nobody's assistance, he had Jon observed in Hamilton where Goliath was with Maya to watch Superboy where they grabbed him following an accident but he fell to the ground and was briefly unconscious. Jon was then taken to Gotham City and held in restraints whilst Damian questioned him when both boy's fathers arrived leading to a confrontation. Hostilities were only stopped by Jon who intervened and calmed his father down after he was angry at the kidnapping of his son. Batman later asked for Jon to be brought to the Batcave to check his genetic structure with an unhappy Damian told by Alfred to show the various pets he had adopted. Damian refused to accept the friendship offered by Jon and sparked an argument leading to a fight between the pair until Batman along with Superman intervened. (Superman v4 #10)
Damian later grew tired at what he perceived as the inadequacy of the Justice League and decided to make a new incarnation of the Teen Titans that was more proactive. After recruiting Emiko Queen and Wallace West, he scouted for Crush and Djinn whilst Kid Flash brought in a celebrity superhero named Roundhouse to join their team. They moved to target supervillain operations but secretly Robin was taking the captured criminals and locking them up in his underground prison at the Teen Titan's new headquarters of Mercy Hall. (Teen Titans v6 #22)
Personality and attributes
The brief contact with his father showed Damian the possibility of a better and more nobler life which was why he decided to become Robin. (Batman and Robin v1 #2)
He was noted for having a crush on Emiko Queen after seeing her talent and noting her similarity to him. (Teen Titans v6 #14)
Powers and abilities
As part of his training to rule the world, his mother made sure he was educated to Ph.D. economics standards before this ninth birthday allowing him to handle company finances. (Batman Incorporated v2 #1)
During the Years of Blood, he managed to acquire a pet in the form of Goliath who was a large bat winged beast. (Robin: Son of Batman v1 #1)
- The current version of Damian Wayne was created by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert where he made his first appearance in Batman: Son of the Demon (September, 1987).
- In Kingdom Come v1 (1996), the later designated Earth-22 was home to a version of Damian Wayne known as Ibn al Xu'ffasch. This version was unaware of his parentage as the illegitimate child of Talia al Ghul and Batman. Instead, he grew up within the al Ghul family where in hi adulthood he learnt of his true father when Batman battled Ibn's grandfather Ra's al Ghul.
- In Justice League: Generation Lost, an alternate future timeline was witnessed that took place a hundred years in the future where Maxwell Lord had brought about a large scale Metahuman war that had ravaged mankind. This timeline saw Damian taking the mantle of Batman where he was aided by his sidekick the Red Hood (Thomas Grayson) where thy operated as members of the Justice League in their plan to defeat Lord's OMAC army. (Justice League: Generation Lost v1 #14)
- In Batman v1 #666 (2007), a future version of Damian Wayne was shown as an adult who took on his fathers mantle as Batman after failing to save him from being killed. Damian as Batman was far more brutal than his father as he was willing to injure and kill his opponents if he believed it necessary to do so. He set his base of operations beneath Wayne Tower and had a pet cat called Alfred whilst also forming a rivalry with Commissioner Barbara Gordon. In this possible future, he was shown to hold supernatural abilities namely the power to heal from wounds and claimed that he sold his soul for this power in order to protect Gotham City. Damian admitted that he could never match his father or Dick Grayson's talents and instead resorted to setting booby traps to turn Gotham itself into a weapon for his purposes. At one point, he was shown to be mentoring Terry McGinnis to take the mantle of Batman.
- In Superman/Batman v1 #75 (2010), an alternate future version of Damian was shown to exist that resembled the one in Batman v1 #666. This version had become Batman after his father died and had an adversarial relationship with the Superman of this era who was Connor Kent. The reason was because of his violent approaches that he used as Batman with this one having found and trained Terry McGinnis but worrying about the future of his charge as he believed he was fighting a losing battle in the world
- In Justice League: Generation Lost v1 #14 (2011), Damian Wayne was shown in a dark alternate future where Maxwell Lord's O.M.A.C. army conquered the world and hunted its Metahuman population that was set one hundred and twelve years in the future. Damian had managed to live to 131 years old due to his use of the Lazarus Pits and wore a high-tech battle-suit that encompassed his body as he fought the O.M.A.C.s with the Justice League. One of his team mates was Thomas Grayson who had taken on the identity of the Red Hood.
- In Multiversity: The Just v1 (2015), one of the 52 alternate Earth's was Earth-16 which showed Damian Wayne as Batman with Chris Kent assuming the mantle of Superman. It was revealed that in the past, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman had managed to transform the world into a virtual utopia with peace being maintained by Superman Robots. As a result, the second generation of Metahuman superheroes had no crime or villains to battle but instead had to resort to engaging in historical re-enactments to capture the glory of those days in order to alleviate boredom. Damian on this Earth was secretly involved with Alexis Luthor who was the daughter of Lex Luthor where she was ultimately responsible for betraying him.
- In Batman Beyond v6 (2017), an alternate future version of Damian Wayne appeared in the setting based on Batman Beyond. This version had grown to had adopted the role of Ra's al Ghul in the future and had led the League of Assassins. He was tended to by his right hand Kuro and had pardoned Curare for her failure but dispatched his assassins to eliminate her when she betrayed him. Wearing an jackal-mask, Terry McGinnis as Batman where he believed he was fighting Ra's al Ghul only to discover it was Damian.
- In The Shadow/Batman v1 (2017), an alternate version of Damian Wayne appeared in the setting that crossed over with The Shadow. It was shown that Ra's had named as Hafid al Ghul though Damian was said to had preferred Ibn al Xu'ffasch.
In other media
- In Son of Batman, Damian Wane appeared in a major role in the animated film that was a loose adaptation of the comic origin story where he was voiced by actor Stuart Allen. Damian was conceived by Talia and Bruce though the latter did not know of his birth with the child being raised among the League of Assassins under his grandfather. As a child, he had mastered a sufficient level of fighting skill when the League's mountain stronghold came under attack from within their own ranks as the assassin Deathstroke betrayed Ra's al Gul out of anger for not being considered his successor. Ra's was ultimately killed before he could reach the Lazarus Pit and Damian was forced to flee with his mother who took the boy to meet his biological father in Gotham City. She would leave the child in Batman's care though Damian was only interested in avenging his grandfather where he stole the Robin costume in order to track down the traitor Ubu who was one of Slade Wilson's allies. During this time, he would work with his father as Robin as the pair sought to stop Deathstroke's plans and free Talia who had been captured by Slade. Damian would go to a League platform off the coast of Scotland where he would successfully defeat Deathstroke but not kill him per his fathers wishes. He would escape from the destroyed facility with Batman who had managed to free Talia where the three returned to Gotham. Talia intended to take her son back with her but Batman opposed this decision though ultimately Damian decided to remain in Gotham City at his father's side as Robin with this decision being accepted by his mother who departed with the League of Assassins.
- In Batman vs. Robin, Damian starred in a major role as Robin where he was voiced again voiced by actor Stuart Allen. He was shown to be operating as Robin for sometime with Batman attempting to curb his killer instincts. One of their missions saw them stopping the Dollmaker Anton Schott who had been abducting children. In a confrontation with Schott, Damian restrained himself from killing the villain though the Dollmaker was killed by Talon who framed Robin for the murder. Initially, Batman believed that Damian had killed though the boy angrily protested his innocence leading to a growing gap with his father.
- In Batman: Bad Blood, Damian returned in a major role in the animated film with him being once more voiced by actor Stuart Allen. It was shown at an isolated monastery among monks where he was learning control when he learnt of the news that his father had died. This led to him travelling back to Gotham City where he met with Dick Grayson who had taken on the mantle of Batman.
- In Teen Titans vs. Justice League, Damian once again returned in a major role in the animated film where he was voiced by actor Stuart Allen. He was brought along by Batman during a Justice League fight with the Legion of Doom though his father kept Damian behind the scenes to manage evacuation. Batman later had Damian sent to join the Teen Titans as he felt that working with team mates around his age would encourage him to be more social. However, Damian resented the idea and felt that the Teen Titans were a waste of his talent.
- In Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs. Mutants, Damian appeared as Robin in the direct to video animated film where he was voiced by actor Lucien Dodge. He became the new Robin after Red Robin Tim Drake but felt a lot of expectations being placed on him with him feeling that Batman disapproved of him.
- In Injustice: Gods Among Us, an alternate reality version of the character appeared as an adult playable fighter where he was voiced by actor Neal McDonough. Damian appeared as an alternate version of Nightwing where he sported a red emblem and served as a violent member of the alternate Superman's One Earth Regime. He accompanied Hawkgirl and Regime forces that attacked the Joker Clan's hideout but the two were defeated by the regular Earth's version of Joker whereupon they retreat from Batman of the Insurgency and the mainstream Justice League. Afterwards Nightwing along with Catwoman battled Batman and Green Arrow with Oliver trying to reason with Nightwing as he believed him to be Dick Grayson. However, Damian revealed his parentage namely that he was Batman's son but the Insurgency Batman states that he stopped being his son when he killed Grayson. This leads to Damian retorting that Superman was a better father figure than Batman leading to a battle between the two which he loses. The Insurgency Batman would coldly states to Damian that his son was dead to him. He was later seen among the Regime forces that took part in the final battle against the Insurgents. After Superman's defeat, the One Earth Regime was dismantled and its members arrested with Damian among the members rounded up by the mainstream Justice League. During the game's endings, Damian's version showed him as Nightwing he began challenging anyone that crossed his path leading to him instilling fear in others with this ability attracting a yellow power ring that inducts Damian Wayne into the Sinestro Corps.
- In Injustice 2, Damian Wayne appeared as a playable character in the alternate reality world setting that was part of the campaign mode of the fighting video game where he was voiced by actor Scott Porter.
- In the Infinite Crisis MOBA, an alternate version of Damian Wayne as Robin appeared from the Nightmare Earth who as among the Champions available to players and was voiced by actor James Arnold Taylor.
- In DC Legends, Damian Wayne appeared in the iOS video game with the Bio revealing that he was the son of Batman and operated as Robin.
- Batman and Robin v1:
- Batman and Robin v2:
- Robin: Son of Batman:
- Teen Titans:
- Super Sons: