Long-running science-fiction franchise that began with the original Star Trek, which was cancelled after being given two stays of execution due to fan response. The show gained even more of a following in syndication, creating many conventions and fan works, as well as encouraging an animated series, until finally Star Trek' became a movie franchise with Star Trek: The Motion Picture. After several films, a series of television sequels appeared- Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise and Discovery, ushering in new sets of fans. In addition to the televised and theatrical material, there have been hundreds of novels, radio plays, comic books from four different companies (Marvel, DC, Malibu and Wildstorm), video and computer games, role-playing games, and much more- these form an Expanded Universe.
- Star Trek (1966-1969)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
- Star Trek V: The Final Fronter (1989)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
- Star Trek Generations (1994)
- Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
- Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
- Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
- Enterprise (2001-2005)
- Star Trek (2009)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Star Trek Beyond (2016)
- Star Trek: Discovery (2017-Present)
Star Trek has many subtle visual connections to Buckaroo Banzai thanks to Star Trek: The Next Generation, connecting it by extension as a probable future of the Wold Newton Universe. Buck Bokai, a baseball player Benjamin Sisko was fond of, played for the Gotham City Bats, presenting a possible connection to the DC Universe. Star Trek is also one of the words in the World-as-Myth continuum.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Star Trek"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 217 total.(previous 200) (next 200)